Frequently Asked Questions
We source our coffee beans from some of the best coffee growing regions in the world. All of our coffees are sourced from Fair Trade certified cooperatives to ensure that the growers receive fair compensation for their crops. To learn more about Fair Trade check out their website.
Our blends are a blend of beans from three different coffee regions:
- Alpha Blend – Colombia, Guatemala, Sumatra
- Sit & Stay – Papua New Guinea, Mexico, Peru
- Paper & Slippers - Peru, Nicaragua, Mexico
- Morning Walk – Guatemala, Peru, Sumatra
Our single-origins come from a single growing region in the countries from which is indicated (Peru, Colombia, etc.)
Generally, the shelf life of an unopened bag of coffee is about 6 months. We strive to keep our online inventory as fresh as possible. Our goal is to have no more than 2 weeks between our roaster to your door.
No, our bags are not nitrogen flushed. We bag soon after roasting, however, so the CO2 emitted from the roasting process forces oxygen out of the bag in the same manner that nitrogen flushing does.
No, the descriptions on the bags are just tasting notes, similar to a wine tasting note. We do not add any flavoring to our coffee beans!
While we don't make a specific espresso blend, we do have many cafes and customers who pull excellent espresso shots with our beans.
Our Single-Origin Colombian tends to be a favorite if you enjoy a crisp, bright, floral espresso shot.
If you prefer a classic, Italian style espresso, our Alpha Blend will be the perfect fit.
For a style that falls in between the Colombian and the Alpha, I recommend our Sit & Stay Blend.
Your order will generally ship on the following business day after the order was placed. Orders placed over the weekend will ship on Monday. We will send you a shipping confirmation email upon shipment which will include a tracking number for your reference. Please allow for additional time due to increased holiday traffic.
For orders that qualify for free shipping we use our economy rate option, FedEx SmartPost. Please allow 4-6 business days for delivery with FedEx SmartPost. If you need your order to arrive sooner, you will have the option to upgrade to a faster shipping option at checkout.
No, unfortunately we are unable to offer multiple points of shipment in one order. If you are interested in sending our coffees to multiple locations, you will need to check out separately for each destination.
Rescue Partners FAQs
For online orders, 20% of the proceeds of the order go to benefit our local partner closest to the order shipping address.
We are always looking for great new partners to work with! Please send an inquiry!
You can manage your all aspects of your subscription through your Grounds & Hounds customer account. Note that an account is not automatically created for you when you checkout. To manage your account, you must create a customer account using the same email address that you used at checkout. See below for instructions on creating a customer account.
- To create a G&H account, go to the Grounds & Hounds online store and click on the Create Account link in the top right hand corner of the screen.
- Enter your name, email, and create a secure password
- After your account is created you will receive an account activation email. Open this email and click the Activate your account button within the body of the email.
- You will be taken to your G&H customer account dashboard!
You should see a Manage Subscription link in orange text just below your name on the right hand side of your screen. Click on this link to view all of your Grounds & Hounds subscriptions.
You have the ability to adjust the quantity of coffee you receive or the delivery timeframe of your subscription. If you are running out of coffee before your next coffee delivery, consider increasing the number of bags per delivery or shortening the delivery interval (i.e. from 1x per month to 1x per every 3 weeks).
- Log into your Grounds & Hounds customer account and click on the Manage Subscriptions link just under your name.
- To adjust frequency, click on the current frequency indicated. This will generate a delivery interval pop up where you can adjust the delivery interval for this subscription. Note that this will change the delivery interval for all future deliveries.
- To adjust quantity delivered click on the Manage link. This will generate a dropdown menu with several options. Select the Product (Qty) option increase/decrease quantity as desired.
You have the ability to adjust the quantity of coffee or delivery timeframe of your subscription.
If you ordered too much, consider reducing the number of bags ordered or lengthening the delivery interval (i.e. from 1x per month to 1x per every 6 weeks).
- Log into your Grounds & Hounds customer account and clicking on the Manage Subscriptions link just under your name.
Yes! If you are going on vacation, or need to skip a delivery for any reason, you can manage this in Grounds & Hounds customer account.
- Log into your Grounds & Hounds account and click on the Manage Subscriptions link under your name.
- To skip a delivery, click on the Manage link. This will generate a dropdown menu with several options.
- Select the Upcoming Orders option and then click Skip Shipment for each of the scheduled shipments that you would like to skip.
You can update your delivery address through your Grounds & Hounds customer account.
- Log into your Grounds & Hounds customer account and click on the Manage Subscriptions link under your name.
- To change your subscription delivery address, click on the Manage link. This will generate a dropdown menu with several options.
- Select the Update Address option and enter the new address where you would like for your coffee to be delivered
You can update the credit card you have on file through your Grounds & Hounds customer account.
- To update the card on file, click on the Manage link. This will generate a dropdown menu with several options.
- Select the View/Update Card option, enter your new card information and click Update.
Yes, you can add new coffees to your subscription through our main online shop.
- Log into your Grounds & Hounds customer account
- Visit the product page of the product that you would like to subscribe to and
- Click on the Add to Existing Subscription button
Yes! You will receive a 5% discount on your first order and all subsequent subscription billings!
Of course! We have a few options available for gift subscriptions.
- If you would like to give an ongoing subscription to a friend, just use their shipping information at checkout. They will receive coffee shipments for as long as you decide to continue the subscription. Make sure to let them know that it is coming!
- To gift a subscription for a defined period of time, check out our new 3-month and 6-month gift subscriptions. They work in the same manner as our ongoing subscription program, but are only active for a defined period of time. We also provide the opportunity to prepay for the entire subscription up front.
We’re sorry to see you go but understand that the a coffee subscription is not for everyone. To cancel your subscription follow the steps below:
- Select the option to cancel your subscription.