October 01, 2020 2 min read
The only thing more beautiful than the design of the Chemex 3 Cup Pour Over is the taste of the coffee it brews. Perfectly sized for brewing enough coffee to satisfy two people, the Chemex 3 Cup pour over will quickly become your default device of choice in the morning. With a natural paper filter 30% thicker than standard coffee filters, you'll experience a clean, bright, exquisite cup of coffee every time you use this brewer.
To help make the most of your sipping experience, here are some tips for brewing with the Chemex 3 Cup Pour Over:
1. Bring your water temperature to 195º. If you don't have an electric kettle with precise heating temperatures, you can simply bring your stovetop kettle to a boil, remove from heat, and let stand for 45 seconds
2. While your water is heating, we recommend freshly grinding your favorite coffee. When brewing with a Chemex 3 Cup Pour Over, we suggest a medium to medium coarse grind size (similar to the size and appearance of granulated sugar)
3. When your water is ready, wet the filter and let a small amount of water drain into the empty vessel.
4. Before discarding the water, swirl gently to heat the body of your Chemex, and then discard the water through the spout while leaving the filter in place.
5. Add 2 1/2 to 3 tablespoons of ground coffee to your filter
6. Gently submerge the coffee in hot water to allow the coffee to bloom (i.e release CO2 from the roasting process) and wait 20-30 seconds
7. Resume the brewing process by slowly pouring water over the coffee grounds in a circular motion to ensure all coffee is evenly covered in water. Continue the process until you reach the desired brewing quantity (the brewed coffee should not reach the bottom tip of your filter)
8. Discard the filter and grounds, pour your coffee, and enjoy!
Comments will be approved before showing up.
September 20, 2023 1 min read
To celebrate National Pit Bull Awareness Month, through October 31st, 100% of the profits from Rescue Roast will benefit Los Angeles based, I Stand With My Pack and their incredible Bully Booster program.
September 16, 2023 1 min read
It’s that time of year again! Fall is ALMOST here. While the last minute heat waves roll through your town, we have the perfect cold brew drink to get you in the Fall spirit!
September 15, 2023 3 min read