It's not often that an appliance can also serve as a statement design piece for your kitchen, but that's certainly the case with the Bodum Eight Cup french press. Nicknamed "Eileen," this gorgeous Art Deco style french press will brew coffee as delicious as this piece is beautiful.
Like all french press style brewers, the Eileen will produce a robust, hearty, full-bodied cup of coffee. The french press method does not utilize a paper filter, only the mesh within the device. The resulting brew will contain more dissolved solids than traditional drip methods, meaning a bolder flavor.
And once you've got your french press, here's how to get the most out of it:
1. Place the Eileen on a scale and zero it.
2. Add 55 grams of medium-coarse ground G&H coffee into the french press. We recommend our Good Boy Dark roast Blend for a rich and savory sipping experience!
3. Zero the scale once more.
4. Add 110 grams of water heated to 198-202 degrees Fahrenheit and let bloom for 30 seconds.
5. Add more water, filling the french press to 825 grams of water total and steep for 4 minutes.
6. Gently push down the plunger completely, turn the lid to the slotted opening, and pour your coffee slowly into your favorite mug!
The coffee is now ready to serve 2-4 people. Or, it's at least enough to keep one person going until their afternoon cold brew.
For more brewing gear and essentials, be sure to visit our Brewing Gear Collection Here!
Comments will be approved before showing up.
Every year millions of animals end up in shelters for one reason or another. Unfortunately, space is limited in these shelters and some dogs never get the chance to find a forever home. Furthermore, some of these animals require special attention that is hard to give in a shelter environment. But the good news is that you can help by becoming a dog foster parent!