The key to brewing great coffee begins with precise measurement. The Hario Precision Brew Drip Scale is as simple to use as it is accurate. Measuring down to 0.1 grams, the scale also includes a drip timer to ensure every step of your brewing process occurs at the perfect time.
Using the correct amount of grounds and water is the key to a perfect cup. So to help you take the guess work out of your morning routine, we highly recommend adding a Hario Precision Brew Drip Scale to your coffee brewing tool kit!
And now that you have your scale, here's how to use it to ensure your coffee to water ratios are perfect.
1. Press "On/Off" to turn on the scale.
2. Place measuring container on scale and zero it by pressing the "On/Off" button once.
3. Add coffee grounds to your desired weight. Remove grounds.
To brew using the scale:
1. Place brewing device, such as a pour over, on scale zero it.
2. Add grounds to desired weight in brewing equipment. Zero the scale once more.
3. Press "Start/Stop" to begin the timer.
4. Pour hot water (between 198-202 degrees Fahrenheit) into device, soaking the grounds and allowing to bloom for 30 seconds. Stop the timer.
5. Continue pouring hot water until reaching the proper amount for the grounds used. For example, if using a pour over, a good ratio is 55 grams of coffee to 1,000 grams of water.
To pick up a Hario Precision Drip Brew Scale, and all other coffee brewing essentials, be sure to visit our Coffee Gear Section Here!
Comments will be approved before showing up.