A staple of most American mornings, a basic drip coffeeis quick, convenient and mostly automatic after the initial set up. But that doesn't mean it won't be delicious.
Like most drip brewing machines, the Hamilton Beach drip coffee maker is fairly straightforward. Here are the steps to make a great pot of coffee.
1. Remove carafe and fill to desired water level
2. Lift water reservoir lid and pour water into the chamber.
3. Replace carafe back on the "keep hot" plate.
4. Open brew basket lid and place a paper filter inside the basket.
5. Add freshly ground G&H coffee into the brew basket. Use 1 scoop (provided with machine) of coffee for every cup of water.
6. Switch "Brew Selector" to carafe.
7. Select preferred brew options.
8. Press "I/O" button to start brewing.
To make the most of your Hamilton Beach brewer, we recommend cleaning and descaling your device after every 90 uses. The process is super simple and can be performed with an item you likely have sitting in you cabinet at this very moment.
To clean your machine, mix 1 part white vinegar with 1 part warm water in your coffee carafe. You'll need enough of the solution to fill your entire water reservoir.
Be sure your brewing basket is empty and no filter is in place. Then simply begin a brewing cycle with the solution in your water reservoir. About half way through the brewing process, stop the cycle and let the solution sit for 20-30 minutes, before completing the process until your reservoir is empty.
Discard the solution from your carafe and thoroughly clean the carafe with hot soapy water. Then we recommend running 2-3 brewing cycles with fresh water to flush your brewer of any residual vinegar solution.
Comments will be approved before showing up.